- 3/4 cup Peanuts whole
- 1 1/2 tsp Tamarind pulp/ paste
- 1/2 tsp Chana dal or split Bengal gram
- 1/2 tsp Urad dal or spilt Black gram
- 6-7 leaves curry leaves
- 2-3 whole Dried red chilli
- 1-2 nos Green chili or Thai green chili or Jalapeño
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Water as required
- Salt to taste
Heat oil in a medium sauce pan. Add chana and urad dal. Cook for 1/2 minute and add curry leaves and dried red chili. Cook for another minute.
Now add peanuts and cook on a medium flame for 3-4 minutes. Then add green chili and cook for another 1/2 minute.
Add tamarind pulp/ paste and cook for another 2 minutes. Add salt and remove from heat.
Let it cool. Transfer the cool contents to a blender/ food processor/ grinder. Add adequate water to get a thick paste consistency.
Empty the chutney into a bottle/ bowl. Enjoy!
The nutritional value is for 1 serving. Please keep in mind that the nutrition value is a rough estimate and can vary based on the product used.
- I used the ready-made tamarind paste available in grocery stores. If you are working with the raw tamarind, clean and soak it in water for 30 minutes and extract the pulp.
- This chutney can be made in large quantities and refrigerated for months.
Calories: 231kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 16mg | Potassium: 230mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 262IU | Vitamin C: 60mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 1mg