Avocado Curry combines vegetables in creamy Avocado curry base.
Continuing with my love for this amazing fruit, I want to inspire you to include Avocados in your day to day meals.
This simple and healthy recipe, includes your choice of vegetables, ranging from potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, beans, edamame, American sweet corn, carrots, peas, etc. in creamy Avocado base.
Refer to my earlier post, Avocado Paratha (Indian Flatbread) to know more about this low fat fruit.
- 1 medium sized Potato 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup Green beans cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup Carrots cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup Green Peas
- 1/2 cup Yellow Corn
- 1/2 cup Cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup Broccoli florets
For Avocado Curry Base
- 1 Avocado pitted and flesh scooped out
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 2 whole Green chili or Thai Green chili, remove the stalk. Jalapenos can also be used.
- 1/2 cup Red Onion chopped
- 2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 1/2 cup milk or a milk substitute like soy, almond or coconut milk can also be used
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil or any cooking oil
- Boil water in two separate medium sized pots.
- Add cubed potatoes in one and the remaining vegetables (except broccoli) in another.
- Boil the potatoes for 10-15 minutes or until just cooked. The remaining vegetables should be boiled for 10 minutes.
- Removed from heat, strain and keep aside.
Avocado curry base
- In a blender or food processor, add the avocado, lemon juice, ginger garlic paste, green chili, garam masala, milk and salt.
- Blend to get a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- In a medium non stick pan, heat olive oil. Add chopped onions and cook until it turns pink and translucent.
- Now add all the boiled vegetables and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Next add the avocado paste and mix to coat evenly. Remove from heat and transfer the contents to a serving bowl.
- Enjoy it with rotis, parathas or steamed plain rice!
- Your choice of vegetables can be used.