Mini Strawberry Mousse Pie are for days when you feel like indulging in something sweet and simple.
Strawberry is a summer berry and aren’t cheap as well. But these days, there is nothing called as seasonal and expensive. We find a lot of fresh produce year around. So why not take advantage and incorporate these ingredients in our everyday eating.
Strawberries are a good source of Vitamin C which can improve your resistance against the cold/ changing weather.
This no fuss, no bake recipe will get you a lot accolades for sure!
Strawberry Mousse filling:
- 3 tbsp fresh Lemon juice
- 2 & 1/4 tsp powdered Gelatin (or standard .25 oz packet)
- 2 cups of fresh Strawberries
- 1/2 cup powdered Sugar
- 4 cups Whipped cream (available in store or can be made at home)
- 12 Graham cracker mini pie crusts (available in store or can be prepared from scratch)
- In a small bowl, add the lemon juice and gelatin. Set aside and allow the gelatin to soften.
- In a blender/ food processor, puree 2 cups of strawberries (remove the stems) until smooth.
- On medium heat, place a medium sized pot, combine the strawberry puree and powdered sugar. Allow the mixture to cook until the edges bubble.
- Now add the gelatin (it will be thick) and stir about a minute.
- Pour the puree into a large bowl and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Once the puree is at room temperature, gently fold the puree into whipped cream, mixing until a uniform filling is obtained.
- Arrange the pie crusts on a tray and pour the filling into each of them.
- Loosely cover the tray and refrigerate for about 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Enjoy individual these light mini pies after a heavy meal! 😉
Leave a Reply