Stir Fry Mushrooms, when the heart craves for something yummy and the mind wants it to be healthy too! It’s a quick and easy side/ entrée for a week night dinner 🙂
Mushrooms are a good source of lean proteins as they have no cholesterol or fats. They are low in carbohydrates, which makes them good for diabetics. It’s also a good source of Iron for anemic.
For more about Mushrooms refer to my post Mushroom Kebab
Other Recipes You May Like: Akbari Mushrooms, Stir Fry Noodles, Fried Rice
About this Recipe
This quick, easy and tasty recipe is inspired from Indian Chinese flavors. Its one of those earliest Mushroom recipes that I always make on a tired, hungry weeknight ?
Sliced/ diced mushrooms coated with seasoned flour and fried is tossed with bell peppers, onions and Indian Chinese sauce. A quick garnish of cilantro and green onions and I have dinner on table. Pair it with steaming hot rice or noodles and I am sorted.
A special mention to the Indian Chinese sauces. I generally use the Red Chili sauce, Soy sauce and White Vinegar combination. The chili sauce is also easily available at an Indian grocery.
If you make Stir Fry Mushrooms, please be sure to leave a comment. You can also tag me on Instagram or Facebook!
Stir Fry Mushrooms
- 8 oz White Button Mushrooms
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice/ White Vinegar
- 2 tbsp All purpose flour (optional. Omit if you want it glutenfree)
- 2 tbsp Corn flour
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic or 1 tsp Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Red chilli flakes
- 1/2 nos Red Onion
- 1/2 Red Bell pepper
- 1/2 Green Bell pepper
- 2 nos Green chili or Thai green chili or 1 Jalapeño chopped (optional)
- 3 tbsp Red chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce (coconut aminos if you want it to be glutenfree)
- 1 tsp White Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Cilantro chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 Green onions chopped. White and green parts separate
- Wash mushrooms thoroughly. Trim stalks.
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot. Add lemon juice and mushrooms. Let it cook for 2 mins. Strain and cool. Slice them/ cut them in half or quarter (depending on the size).
- In a medium mixing bowl, add all purpose flour, corn flour, black pepper powder and salt to taste and mix.
- Now add mushrooms and coat each slice evenly with the flour mixture.
- Heat sufficient oil in a sauce pan for frying the coated mushrooms.
- Once fried, place them on an absorbent tissue.
- In the same sauce pan, remove excess oil (enough for cooking) and heat.
- Add garlic and red chili flakes and cook for 1/2 minute. Then add white parts of green onions and sauté for 2 minutes. Now add onions and stir fry for 2 minutes. Followed by bell peppers. Next add all sauces and cook for 2 minutes.
- (This is an optional step) To get a gravy consistency, add about 2 tsps of cornflour to 1/4 cup water. Mix well. Add this to the pan and bring it to a boil. You can adjust the amount of water depending on amount of gravy you need.
- Now stir in the pan fried mushrooms, green chillies and salt.
- Remove from heat and transfer to serving bowl. Garnish with green parts of green onions & cilantro. Enjoy as a side or with steamed rice, fried rice.